Heather over at Swinging Through Second Grade tagged me! I love learning about other people, so this is a great game of tag!!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
12 Fun Facts...
1. I have an awesome running buddy in my dog, Scout. He is a chocolate lab, and we got him for free through a teacher friend. **So lucky!**
2. I am a huge 4-H nerd. When I say huge, I mean it. I was a 10-year member, and have now volunteered for 8 years since. If I could get my entire class to do mini 4-H I would!
3. I showed sheep when I was in 4-H.
4. I ran my first marathon last October in Washington D.C. I'm looking forward to another fall marathon this year.
5. I have 8 nephews and 4 nieces with my husband's family included. Christmas time is always great!
6. My smallest class size was 16 during my 2nd year of teaching. AMAZING!! This year I have 23...a little more normal.
7. I just finished my masters in Administration.
8. My dream job is to be a school secretary. You know everything that is going on, but don't have to take any work home!
9. I'm starting my first season as a volunteer for Girls on the Run this month...can't wait to meet the girls!
10. My mom is retired but comes into my room every Friday to help out. She is the best!
11. My dad was a Mystery Reader for my class on Veteran's Day. He read Duck for President and wore a great USA sweater. <3 him!
12. I used to work at the Loft at nights and on weekends. I desperately miss the discount, and getting ahold of my favorites before they sold out!
So...onto the 12 questions left for me...
1. How long have you been teaching? this is my 5th year
2. Where do you get your clipart and backgrounds? Scrappin' Doodles, Digital Back Shop
3. What is your best find on Pinterest? I love all of the decorating ideas that I see! They encourage me to switch up my own room.
4. What is your favorite lesson to teach at school? I really love teaching inferring, not because I just did it, but because the kids think it is so fun!
5. Do you purchase things from TpT or TN? Of Course! I even had a parent buy me a gift card to TpT for a Christmas gift.
6. What is your goal this year when it comes to your class? Coming from 3rd grade, I want my 2nd grade kids to be as prepared as possible for their upcoming testing year.
7. What is your best organizational tip for your classroom? It is definitely worth it to invest in organizational items. I'm pretty frugal, so I usually don't take my own advice here, but when I do, I wish I had always done it.
8. Do you have a classroom "theme"? We are the "Riley Ranch"! I wanted to make things different in my classroom this year, and because of classroom changes, some of my students were in the same room last year for 1st grade. I didn't want them to think they were still in 1st grade.
9. What is your favorite food to cook? My husband loves baked spaghetti, so I always know I'll have a happy family if this is in the oven.
10. What is your favorite Valentine's Day activity? I really like all of the read alouds that come with V-day! We can't give out candy or food at our school, so we have to get extra creative, but it's usually worth it.
11. What is your worst experience as a teacher? Although I'm sure you'd all love to hear about it, I'd rather not relive it!
12. What is your best experience as a teacher? One year I had a family that emailed my principal, who then sent it to the superintendent, about how great her daughter's year was with me. It all went back to the saying that you never really know how deeply you are touching your students' lives.
My 12 Questions for You:
1. What is your favorite thing about the blogging world?
2. What is one thing you would tell a 1st year teacher?
3. If you could do whatever you wanted without going back to school, what would you choose?
4. What is the best concert you've been to?
5. When did you realize you wanted to be a teacher?
6. Who was your most inspiring teacher, and why?
7. What is your favorite unit that you've created for TN or TpT or that you've bought?
8. Where do you like to shop for your teaching clothes?
9. How do you use parents in your classroom?
10. What is your favorite holiday to celebrate in your classroom?
11. What is the best date you've been on?
12. What is one thing you'd change about your house, apartment, town home, etc.?
Now...I'm tagging the following bloggers...
1. Kelly at All That Glitters (she just did her first post yesterday!)
2. Mrs. Williamson at Welcome to Room 36
3. Teacher Tam's Educational Adventures
Thanks for enjoying the Blogging World's version of Tag!