Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving, Black Friday (or Thursday), TpT Sale!

Well, I hope you have all been able to enjoy your Thanksgiving Break!  I can't believe it's already Sunday..wah wah!  Looking back, though, it's been a pretty great break!

Girl's Night, eating, shopping, and new games on TpT! Read on to hear about it all!

So, as many of you know, I switched jobs and schools this school year, but was pretty close with some of the great people I left at my old school.  We hadn't been able to all get together in a while, so we had a girls night on Tuesday!  It was A-W-E-SOME!! (you can hear the cheer in our head, can't you?  I hope so!)  We got a hotel room about 20 minutes away by some restaurants.  7 of us crammed into one room (we're cheap), talked, snacked, played games, and may have indulged in a few beverages.  It was so much fun to get together, just the girls, and hang out.  I would recommend it to everyone!

I wanted to share this pic of my dogs, Addie, a white German Shepherd, and Scout, a chocolate lab, at a local park.  There wasn't anyone in sight, so we let them off their leashes, and they just ran, and ran, and ran!  I loved how even though they had all the space they could possibly want, they still ran around together.

Then came Thanksgiving.  We start ours off at 8:30am with my husband's family for breakfast.  It's delicious, but you completely throw out the idea of "trying" to eat healthy.  Then, we're to my family (all 70 of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids!!) lunch at a local church, because we don't fit in anyone's house anymore.  My mammaw is 92 and she just loves to see all of us together.  It reminds us all of the work THANKFUL!  After that, we head to my husband's extended family for a late lunch.  So by 3pm, we've had 3 full on meals...yep, call me the fat kid!

Meanwhile, I am in a food coma, but our washer had broken last weekend and we wanted to hit up a Doorbuster sale.  I've never waited in line to get into a store or woken up at 2am to start my shopping, and my husband does not like despises the whole idea of browsing.  He walks in, buys the item, and goes home.  He is not a browser.  So I did my research, caught him on a good day, and we stood in line at HH Gregg (I think it's a midwestern electronics chain) for an hour and a half for the doors to open at 10pm.  It's like Willy Wonka, meets crazy people, meets electronics!  The store employees came out at about 9:30pm to hand out Golden Tickets (yes, they are gold in color).  For someone who has never done this, I was out of my mind excited to get the 2 golden tickets for our washer and dryer!  We went from a Speed Queen circa 1980 to high efficiency with loads of options.  I have never been more pumped to do laundry.  Our old dryer took about 4-5 hours to dry a load, so a "day" of laundry meant maybe 2 loads.  I've already done 3 today...and it's only 1pm.

I headed to Kroger, exchanged my regular unused detergent for High Efficiency, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited (okay, you get the point) until the delivery people came to set them up! :) I was a happy camper!  Oh, and did I mention we got them for 50% off!  We saved $800!! I'd say my first Black Friday experience was a success.




Now that I've divulged my fat-kid tendencies and black Friday madness, here is a new Math game that I have added to TpT.  In my store, I have several I have...Who has? games posted for addition and subtraction.  I've had many requests for multiplication and division games, so I've started with 2 games of basic facts.

My whole store is 20% starting TODAY, and will be up to 28% off with the TPT sale on Monday and Tuesday.  Stop by my store to pick out some things for your Shopping Cart!

 




I hope you all have a great week back, enjoy Cyber Monday, and think that in just a few short weeks we'll be back on break! Yay!
Photobucket

No comments: