Well, here are my 5 random things!
1. I am super pumped because I came across a Barnes & Noble gift card (totally forgot I had it!) in my wallet, and couldn't wait to finally put some of my wish list books in my cart! I'm a bit behind the 8 ball with Teach like a Pirate, but I'm excited to dive in, see everyone's blog posts, and find out what they're really talking about! We have added lead teachers in our building for math (K-2 and 3-5), technology, and high ability. Our leadership team is going to read Strengths Based Leadership together, so I'm hoping to get a jump start. And I have a passion for math, so I'm wanting to learn a bit more about that so I can help my staff...did I tell you that I go back July 15th? Oh right, I'll have to do some extremely fast reading! Yikes!
2. So I was at Target yesterday (told they hubby I was getting cleaning supplies but secretly wanted to check out the dollar spot and their swim suits...sssshhh), and came across these reusable sandwich bags. They come in a pack of 3 for $1!!! Score! For a lot of our math games, they need dice, cards, and maybe one other manipulative, so I just loved these for math games! And again...they are 3/$1, so if they break they are cheap to replace. There are some cool polka dot ones right now too!
3. One day a while back I was searching some free apps and came across a Riddle of the Day. My husband and I will play it together, but how much fun would this be for the classroom! As you can see on the right, it will give you clues if you are completely stumped, and the letters below are the only ones you can use. Some of them are pretty easy, and others are really hard, but it's all about the journey, right? Riddle away!
4. 4-H Season is upon us and it's one of my favorite times of the year! I was a 10 year 4-Her and now I get to volunteer and help all of the other kids. Last night was the Queen Pageant dinner where I got to meet all of the lovely ladies who will be coming to practices and vying to be our county queen. And...as 4-H season nears, that means lemon shake ups, walking tacos, and elephant ears! Woop Woop!
5. I saved the best for last (well, at least I think so)! Last weekend as many of you saw, I headed to Nashville, TN for a Bachelorette party. On our drive back to Indy we stopped to use the restroom, and this Teamwork sign was hanging on the wall. I thought it was h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s! Do they want you to use teamwork while going to the bathroom? So confused! There were some other peeps in the bathroom who thought I was a bit crazy for taking a pic in the bathroom, but oh well. Thought I'd share with you!
I think I like 5 for Fridays! Thanks for the fun times Doodle Bugs! Gotta run!